By Eddie de Beer
We are drawing closer to the start of 40 Days of Worship, that will begin on 24 September 2017 in Cape Town. The true worship that God is seeking is very much linked to obedience and service.
We believe that this 40 Days of Worship is also part of God’s process to release Africa in her redemptive purpose! One of the biggest challenges in Africa is her tendency to beg and her inability to unlock wealth. Let us use this God-given time and opportunity to be part of the process of seeing Kingdom wealth becoming part of Africa’s inheritance. In order to take part in this redemptive unlocking of wealth we need to first understand wealth from Father’s perspective.
Wealth is more than money
From His Word the following:
But you shall [earnestly] remember the Lord your God, for it is He Who gives you the power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
Deuteronomy 8:18 (AMPC)
But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.
Deuteronomy 8:18 (NIV)
There are three aspects to wealth that we do not always see or recognize, men, means, and resources.
– men: a force, an army, high moral standards, righteous and courageous in the face of danger
– means: aid, channel, source, equipment, process, assets, instruments, ministry, organization, systems and buildings
– resources: money, possessions, natural resources, abilities to deal with situations
Everything belongs to God
As we grasp and understand that our perspective of wealth is contaminated with the world’s system let us ask Holy Spirit what and where we can be involved. We can then participate to unlock God’s wealth over Africa during this specific time. God does not require from us to give what we haven’t received from Him. Everything belongs to Him and we can give, bless and invest in his Kingdom as Holy Spirit leads us!
Practically we can ask the following questions and honestly answer them:
1. Am I (we as a family) locked into his forceful righteous army?
2. Do I understand and am I committed to his army (body, bride)?
3. What means have I got to offer to meet needs during the 40DoW (i.e. equipment, assets, systems, accommodation)?
4. What resources did God place under my stewardship that is for his glory? (i.e. money, possessions?
Let us glorify God as He gives us the ability to receive and unlock wealth as He intended with his redemptive purpose for Africa. May the beggar’s mentality be broken and God’s wealth be unlocked over Africa as we partake from his heart. Glory to Jesus as He paid the price in his death and resurrection for all is under his authority.